Amazon Prime is Giving Back $1.00 for "Non-Rush" Shipment

I know a lot of you dislike Amazon for very valid reasons but I still order from them because I despise shopping & it makes life so much easier. My husband has Prime and as I was leaching off of his account Sunday night, ordering a few early holiday gifts, I noticed a new Prime shipping offering. It said something like this (but don't quote me on it) "choose this option 5-7 day shipping & get a $1.00 credit towards a book or ebook."

What? They're going to pay for shipping & give me a little ebook present if I can have a little patience? I was skeptical, thinking I was reading something wrong, but no. In my email today was this notice. I don't know how long they'll be doing this but you might want to jump on it if you're a Prime member and doing some non-rush shopping.

Amazon.com Logo

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

You are receiving this credit because you selected No-Rush Shipping on your recent Prime order. To use your $1 credit, log on to Amazon.com or browse your Kindle device. Find the book or ebook you want to purchase and we’ll automatically apply the credit at check out. To view the selection of books at Amazon.com visit www.amazon.com/books.

The promotional credit must be used by December 31, 2014. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com