Taking An Informal Poll

Did anyone on GR receive this survey they speak of?  I've been an active member since 2009 and wasn't asked my thoughts. My dog must've eaten my survey. Curse him, the hungry beast.

"Surveys with our members tell us that one of the things people like the most about Goodreads is being able to keep up to date with authors whose books they love. To help support this better, we’ve made a change today to clarify how those relationships work and to make them clearer for all of our members. Instead of “Become a Fan,” you’ll now see “Follow Author” on author pages and elsewhere throughout the site. Following an author will opt you into receiving updates from them, including reviews, shelvings, Ask the Author answers, and blog posts. "

UPDATE from Patrick @ GR:

Hey folks,
First, thanks for the feedback on this. I know it's a change from how things worked before, but we really feel this will simplify things for everyone in the long run.

To address some of the feedback so far:

* Survey: We surveyed several thousand active users about this, not just authors.

Oh reallly???  Hmmmph, my informal poll says otherwise.

UPDATE #2 Patrick's back

message 227: by Patrick, Director, Author Marketing 34 minutes ago

Mod
Ok, we have been reading through your feedback, and we are taking a second look at how friend and following work together as a result of this. We'll update you on Monday about what might change, but I wanted to let you know that our goal is to make this work for everyone who has been posting here. Thanks again for your feedback, and we're very sorry this change caused so much distress.