I'm stumped
I'm stumped

Does anyone know the ins and outs of Netgalley Approval Ratings? I seem to be stuck at this 57% no matter what I do. I posted two overdue reviews and it didn't budge. This leads me to believe that if the reviews are late (and the book archived) your review does not count.  I have 19 approvals and 17 reviews. The math just does not add up.

This is what Netgalley help says:

Found in your Profile, the Feedback to Approval Ratio calculates the percentage of feedback to approved titles (this includes Read Now titles, Invites, and Wishes Granted). Publishers and authors rely on your feedback, and are more likely to approve members who provide meaningful feedback and recommendations about their titles.

Our suggestion is to keep your Feedback to Approval ratio close to 80%, meaning that for every 10 titles you are approved to read, you provide feedback for 8 titles. Feedback can be notes, a review, a link to a review online, or information about how you will promote the title.

A few seconds later: So after doing a little more difficult math and actually reading their help document (haha) I realized that your invites may be included in your approval rating. That's the only way the math works. WTH? So this means I have to read and review all invites or it's a negative against me?  This seems screwy if it's true. Am I supposed to go in and decline the invites which are no longer available to me? I'm so confused :(

PS You can see a bigger screen shot if you click on the picture.

Several hours later :  I ended up emailing Netgalley and they helped me sort it out. I had a bunch of archived titles that I couldn't find. Note to self: do not ever click on another of the READ NOW email links from Netgalley.