Yeah, yeah so I know I said I was finished signing up for challenges but I LIE. I saw this over on the Scifi and Scary blog and figured I'd join since it seems doable and also a good way to weed out some of those ancient horror novels in my TBR dungeon.
|Eeeeeeek! And that's only one shelf.|
Anyway, it should coincide nicely with the Horror Aficionados Challenges I've signed up for over at Goodreads. Anyone want to join me?
Here are all the details:
2017 Horror Reading Challenge
First of all are the Challenge Badges, which you will win by completing the highest number of books for that level. I will list them below and they will be e-mailed to you at the conclusion of the challenge.
Neophyte of Coolthulhu’s Temple: Read and review 1-7 horror books
Initiate of Coolthulhu’s Temple: Read and review 8-15
Oracle of Coolthulhu’s Temple: Read and review 20-25 horror books
MYSTERY BADGE Read and review 50+ horror books
There Are Rules to This Game…
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2017-December 31, 2017. (Yes, we’re back-dating it so horror books you’ve already read this year count.)
- You can join at any time before August 1, 2017.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2017.
- Audiobooks, re-reads, short stories, and cross-overs are fine.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- Sign up on the designated link below with your post, shelf, etc. and leave a comment letting us know what your personal goal is.
- Link up your reviews each month via the provided link. (We will be doing a monthly challenge update for everyone to list up on.)Come join the Coolthulhu Crew and see how brave you really are!
- Use hashtag #CoolthulhuCrew on Twitter!
- Remember, you do have to officially sign up before August 1, 2017 so link up below to sign up and enter the challenge.
Click HERE to go to the sign-up link @ Scifi and Scary.