Orzo Feta Shrimp

The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day - The Editors at America's Test Kitchen, The Editors at America's Test Kitchen

I bought this book to get healthy. My cookbook collection consists of doggie treats and vegan cupcakes. I've tried "healthy" recipes on the Beachbody website and they have all been tasteless failures. I wonder if the people who give those five star reviews are the ones who wrote the recipe or someone with no taste buds. . . Anyway, I am so done with Beachbody "recipes". The only one I can recommend is the buffalo cauliflower bites because I drown them in hot sauce and yogurt/blue cheese.

My doctor recommended this one to us because I am genetically blessed with high cholesterol and no matter how hard I exercise and how much oatmeal I eat, my numbers no longer want to budge. I'm going to give it a go even though I'm a little scared. The reviews say the recipes take forever and I'm lazy. I'll be updating this post as I cook things. My apologies if you see this more than once.

January 30, 2018

Orzo Feta Shrimp: It only took me about 40 minutes or so to get it all together and it was delicious. I did prep the fresh veg and the olives on Sunday to make things go faster on a work night. I'd recommend doing that always. I also found frozen shrimp at Trader Joe's that was already shelled with tails removed. I HATE doing that. It says 4 servings and that the "Mediterranean" plate is much smaller but it made at least 6 servings and I was feeding two grown men who were hungry. Served this with some oven roasted broccoli and peppers. They ate it up with no bitching so 5 Stars.

PS This lifestyle let's you have red wine and dark chocolate. Honestly, that's the only reason I'm trying it!