Princess Miri by Cerys du Lys

Princess Miri - Cerys du Lys

"Princess Miri is a bitch and the heir to the throne and she might have accidentally fallen in love with a monster.

It's common knowledge that everyone hates Miri, which is why it surprises her when her rival gives her a pet troll servant for her eighteenth birthday. Thump, as Miri names the husky monster, will do everything she asks. Or that's what she thinks.

When her demands lead to experimentation and sexual teasing, Miri realizes this isn't quite the case. One disobeyed order ends with a bang, literally, and her and Thump in an unclothed, carnal mess atop her now-broken bed.

A troll coupling with a human? Disgusting!

She should be furious! Irate! And maybe she is, but she's curious, too...

She never thought she could open up to anyone before, always believed she needed to act harsh and stern in order to ascend to the throne. Unfortunately for Miri, while she discreetly explores her taboo sexuality with Thump, someone's plotting to exploit her shameful secret and ruin the Princess's reputation..."

Ummm, yeah, like I could resist this plot synopsis?!

Turns out the book lived up to its description too.

Princess Miri is a lusty little story set in a fantasy medieval world somewhere and is about a spoiled princess and the “pet” troll she receives on her eighteenth birthday. Thump is 10’ feet tall and has a tool the size of Miri’s forearm and she doesn’t give a damn what anybody thinks. She is keeping him!

Thump the Troll is described as ugly but I pictured him being as pretty as Bloodraven the Ogre. I guess I’m shallow that way.

Miri is bad-tempered, mean, and bossy and being the daughter of a King she always gets her way. She’s dating a boring guy whom she stole away from a chick named Fleur just because she could. Fleur holds a grudge and is the one who gifted Miri her new pet. Miri is oblivious to Fleur’s feelings and eagerly accepts the gift never realizing Fleur has some nasty plans up her sleeve.

Miri leads Thump around like a puppy dog and thoroughly enjoys the fact that he will do whatever she asks of him without complaint. Well, I guess it’s difficult to complain seeing as he doesn’t speak and can only grunt when they first meet . . . Once she realizes her sexual power over him, she finds a whole new way to torment and tease the poor beast, going so far as to use his erection as a towel holder. But even a troll has his limits and one day she goes way too far and he can’t help but ravish her. She discovers she loves it and only Thump can satisfy her. From that point on the sexual escapades never let up.

Fleur, of course, comes back later to haunt Princess Miri and stir up trouble but she gets hers in the end in a steamy epilogue featuring a Centaur. This scene bugged some people but I thought it fit right into this wacky fantasy world.

Surprisingly, I really grew to like Miri. Even though the story is drenched in sex, she softens and grows as a character by the end. She even begins to teach Thump to speak and their relationship is almost sweet as it develops. She’s so rude early on that it’s hilarious rather than irritating. Bored with her suitors’ inane conversation, she declares, “Your nonsense bothers me and I’ll have none of it.” And then after some unsatisfying sex, she says, “That was awful. I’ve got to go. Toodles.” And she leaves! Her rudeness is ridiculous and funny and never abrasive which is why it worked for me.

The story is very naughty and very silly and it’s probably not for everyone. It takes a lot to gross me out and I like strange things and I thought this book was great fun. Thump isn’t too bright but he is sweet. He does, however, drool a little when worked up. Some might find that too icky. The sex is descriptive and over the top and very gooey and wet. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Everything is put out there in graphic detail with no silly euphemisms like mounds, manhood or love portals. It gets a little repetitive in bits as some scenes are unnecessarily rehashed or over-explained but that's a minor nit. I’d say it’s pretty addictive if you’re into the weird stuff. It’s a slightly crazy fantasy romance and you have to go at with a sense of humor and an open mind.