Danse Macabre - Laurell K. Hamilton I read this back when it was first released but am rereading it here as an audiobook. It's one of the later Anita Blake books which are all a blur of sex and power in my mind so I can't remember much about it.

Well, just as I remembered with the other later books in this series this is all about Anita's sex with her many men and much less about the paranormal aspects of the book which I found so interesting in the earlier novels. This time around Anita fears she may be pregnant and because she has a bedroom full of lovers she has no idea just who may be the daddy. So she spends a lot of the book angsting over it while in bed with Nathanial, Micah, Jean Claude, Damian, some random visiting vampire and on and on . . .

There are so many characters now that it makes my head spin and not enough character development to drag me in. The book goes on and on about a big vampire ballet and soiree but then ends abruptly before the big party. WTH? It almost seems as if someone told the author the book was long enough and she had to stop and wrap it up. Definitely not a book I'd recommend to those new to the Anita-verse.