Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Seth Grahame-Smith Though I'm sure I should have, I did not read the original version of this novel, nor have I ever viewed the movie adaptation(s?) of it before picking up this zombie-fied version. In all honesty, I was never interested enough in the original to seek it out and only heard about this version on a horror website. I know, I know. . . Sorry excuse for a reader I am.

With that being said, I wish I had read the original first so that I could pick apart what was original and what was added/modified to accommodate the plague of "unmentionables" and I think I ruined much of the fun of the book for myself reading it cold. But as I enjoy zombie novels and the occasional regency romance this was still a fun read. I do think it was a mistake to market this on horror groups. Die hard horror/zombie fans will more than likely fail to stick with it because it is very much a comedy of manners/relationship novel with a bit of horror going on in the background. It took some concentration in the beginning to grab hold of all of the characters and keep straight who was related to and courting who. And there were too many cousins and visitors and whatnot for my poor brain but eventually I caught on.

The book seemed a bit disjointed at times and was all too easy to put it down but I got through it and am glad I did because there some were some very funny moments. I wouldn't reread it though . . .