Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich On the search for a geeky dude named “Munch” and in over her head as always, bail bonds woman Stephanie Plum gets into all sorts of jams when she enters the scary redneck territory known as “The Pines”. The usual sexy men in Stephanie’s life make appearances as well as a Mario Bros. loving monkey, his slew of new monkey pals and, of course, Lula with her usual her zany awesomeness. I think I missed a few Plum books along the way because I had to do a double take (make that a rewind) when Diesel, a fellow bounty hunter (who is drop dead gorgeous, wouldn’t you know?), drops in and makes himself all cozy in Stephanie’s bed. Wait! What? How did I miss this? And he has some superhuman powers?! Rounding out the bunch is a guy whose farts set his ass aflame. Only in Plumlandia . . .

This book was so much fun. Even though deranged Munch desperately wants to use Stephanie as his own personal sex toy things never get too dark. I don’t know if I could stomach a steady diet of these Plum books but I do so enjoy reading them every now and then to cleanse my brain of the dreariness I usually subject it to.