Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!) - Rory Freedman, Kim Barnouin

Craptastic. This book is lazy and the bitch kitsch gets old fast. I love snark but this book is not snarky it's just rude and dumb (well, unless being called a whore sends you off into a fit of hilarity). The "meals" contain tons of processed crap and "fake" foods in place of dairy and meat. It's a vegan cookbook but the authors (editors/publishers?) are too chickenshit to come out and say that and apparently think we're too dumb to figure it out. It's intentionally misleading to make them more money. That irritates me beyond words.  I don't typically write angry reviews but the fact that I wasted precious time reading this book makes me crazy mad. Vegan recipes can be amazing but these recipes are lame.

My advice? Buy whole foods, grains, veggies, protein and cook 'em yourself. Skip the butter, the cream, the white sugar/white flour/white rice and the over processed everything. Shop mainly the outer aisles in the grocery store. You'll feel better and look better (if that's your goal). There I just saved you a whole bunch of cash and a slew of insults! If you're looking to get a healthy well written cookbook buy one of Tosca Reno's Clean Eating books. I can usually find something good to say about most everything I read but the only good thing I can say here is that I'm glad I borrowed this from the library. It's not even worth wasting a credit on over at paperbackswap.com. I would really like the hour of my life I wasted reading this back. I could spend that time cleaning up the dog poop in the yard or doing anything else but reading this tripe.