The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson

The Culture Clash: A Revolutionary New Way to Understanding the Relationship Between Humans and Domestic Dogs - Jean Donaldson, Ian Dunbar

I'm marking this one DNF because I just can't bring myself to keep reading or to keep interested right now. I also adopted a puppy and, dare I say this aloud, who is so EASY it's unbelievable to me. I've always had nutty labs and retrievers who took years to settle down. My new little guy moved in, learned the routine and housemanners in only 2 weeks. I still can't believe my luck. He's cute and perfect too. I never get this lucky ;)

Photobucket

So, for now at least, I'm putting this book aside because I'm not having any of the sorts of problems she describes in this book (mainly aggression issues) and am training him positively. I'll keep it around for a bit just in case something crops up but the technical language makes it more of a reference book than a pleasure read and I don't like the way she takes shots at clueless owners constantly. I preferred her book "Mine" much better. Possibly because it was shorter?