Slave-Mines of Tormunil by Aran Ashe (GR Cleanup)

Slave-Mines Of Tormunil - Aran Ashe

GR Cleanup. Originally attempted to read in Sept. 2011.

Nice understated cover, eh? This one is written in the vein of the Anne Rice Beauty books. A world where young innocents are trained as pleasure slaves and forced to serve anyone and everyone above their station. I'm only reading it to see if it's anything like the Rice novels. Yep, that's it.

Ok, it's now a little later (several weeks actually) since my first paragraph was written and I have to mark this one as DNF. I've picked it up and put it down out of boredom too many times to count. I'm not a quitter but honestly when I read this line on pg 96 I just could not bring myself to read further.

She was picturing their full erections, their swollen love-hearts that made their semen.

Was it necessary for the author to go there? I will never be able to look at a heart shaped, cream filled bon-bon without shuddering again. I don't think I'll even be able to eat those Dove chocolate Valentine hearts anymore. For that I am very sad and probably damaged beyond repair.

This book was very odd. It was a sex fest, road-trip filled with willing, buxom naked slaves but it was boring. How is that even possible? Though it was filled with many disturbing images the writing was just off, clinical, often confusing (these folks must be mighty flexible) and slightly strange and I wasn't disgusted when I probably should have been. The constant sex was tedious after the first chapter and I didn't care about any of the characters. There was very little dialogue, none of it interesting or humorous and the plot was only there to get from one sex scene to the next. Something about the main guy (who has been altered (?) to "leak" his man fluids copiously to feed the hungry slave girls) finding his true love (she whose breasts never stop leaking milk) but he gets, ummm, sidetracked shall we say, very easily. I can't tell you if he finds his dream woman and drowns in their combined fluids or if he manages to live off the bounty of her breastacles while feeding the starving masses because I can't put myself through this torture any longer.