Snow in Summer - Tess Farraday This has to be one of the most frustrating books I've ever read. It starts out with an obscure prologue that had me shaking my head but that was only the beginning. Once the story got into gear it became incoherent and nearly impossible to stick with. Character motivation isn't explained and as a result most of the characters come across as little more than cardboard cutouts. Secondary characters pop out of nowhere with little or no introduction and only serve to muddy up the plot further and then they disappear never to be heard from again. And, because there are so many constant interruptions, the love story suffers and is forgotten for chapters on end. The couple have almost no time to get to know each other before they are declaring their undying love to one another. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

And totally unromantic sentences like this one did not help to endear the hero to me at all: "His tender feelings didn't scatter, as he remembered her fingernails scoring his back, and the most marvelous words a man in rut can hear - Don't stop."

A man in rut? Ugh, is this a hero or a bulldog?

The author had some good ideas but sadly her writing style had me reaching for my king sized bottle of Advil.