A Taste of Crimson - Marjorie M. Liu I realized about 20 pages in that this book is #2 in a series. After I shook off the confusion, I began to fall into the story which is a very kick-butt, action driven paranormal world ALA Buffy the Vampire Slayer except this time the slayer is male and a vampire. He's called "The Punisher" because that's pretty much what he does. He punishes wayward vamps, and kills them when necessary too. Though werewolves and vampires despise each other in this universe they must form a tentative agreement in order to avoid extinction. Keeli is a werewolf and reluctantly joins forces with Michael. She's dismayed and horrified once she realizes she's also attracted to him.

I enjoyed this one pretty much from beginning to end without ever experiencing an overwhelming urge to put it down to pick up something better. The author has a knack for creating an action packed book with equally well developed characters. The love story is believable but isn't the driving force of the novel. The two main characters both have a lot of crap to overcome and from the look of things a lot of crap to overcome in future books as well. I'm looking forward to the next in this series and may even search out book 1 even though it was written by another author.