1 Hour In

Swan Song - Robert R. McCammon

I'm afraid to read this but I'm going to do it anyway. It was one of my most beloved books when I was a teen/young adult. Will I be too jaded now? Too grouchy? And too damn nitpicky? I hope I don't ruin my image of the perfect book by doing this . . .

And, this sucker is a commitment!  It's 34 hours long which = 900+ pages of text.

So far?  I like the narrator. Whew, what a relief!  I can't imagine spending 34 hours with an awful narrator. There is a crapload of setup. I'm used to modern day books where (unless you're S.King) all of this character building stuff and back story is cut out. It's also a little bit dated but that's to be expected. It was first published in the very early 80's when the homeless littered NYC streets and the Russian's and nuclear apocalypse were the worries of the day. Ah,such simpler times were the 80's ;)

The world is about to end and we get to experience it all from the very beginning. The bombs have dropped and Sister Creep, Swan and Black Frankenstein are all here. I can't wait for my ride home today.