Is anyone else feeling this way?

I think I have reached my limit. I am tired of the hypocritical thin skinned authors and their hysterics. I am tired of their ridiculous and uninformed kiss ass supporters. I am tired of reading shitty books. I am tired of it all and I don't see any of this going away any time soon. New authors and ancient authors alike refuse to accept that their writing is a PRODUCT the moment they charge me for it. It's not an effing baby.  And it might even be ugly as hell and not at all ready for public consumption. I'm not here to coddle and promote. I'm not here to worry about an authors debt, their sick family or their tender feelings. We all have shit to deal with but most of us have to deal with careers that dole out criticism when we do what they perceive as a crappy job and we take it because that's how the world works. I want to go back to the days when we could share our thoughts about books with each other any way we damn well pleased But now that can only happen face to face. Thank the gods for my local reading group.

i just wasted too much time reading the Amazon Authors Who Do Not Want Anonymous Reviews thread and I am still in disbelief over some of the things I read there. I then did something I've never been infuriated enough to do. I deleted three five star reviews for books by an author who seems to forget that she's written under an alias. One of those books, Annie and the Outlaw, only had three reviews which included mine. This made me sad and angry.  I loved those effing books and recommended them to friends often but those days are done. I can no longer separate the person from the work. I can no longer be a part of this petty bullshit. I can no longer support an author who thinks so little of her readers that she'd expose them to potential danger by forcing them to review using their real name in some misguided attempt to further her career and to keep herself safe from "threats and bullies".  If you can make  sense out of this line of reasoning please let me know because I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

They may think they're winning but if most of us stop sharing our thoughts, our 1 star as well as our five star reviews, who the hell will be left to review besides their family and their sycophants? And none of us are dumb enough to fall for that shit more than once.  Who will get the word out about their books? Honestly at this point i don't even care. I feel really lame for wasting so much energy on this reviewing hobby and might just start focusing my energy on something else. Another hobby that won't shit all over me. I realize some authors are cool, Ed Lorn you get it and there are many others,  but it seems as if every time I open my email another author is spewing their crazy ass shit all over the internet. Right now It all seems like such a complete waste of my time.